Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Girls and I have been working on cleaning up, decluttering, and decorating for fall. I went through their toys and threw a big bag full of broken or cheep happy meal kind of toys away that they didn't ever really play with. We also came up with a better solution to their games, puzzles, and special toys. We've been keeping their toys paired up by type in different baskets (Kitchen food, Kitchen pots/pans, baby toys, blocks, Noah's ark, stuff like that) but now we've added a library type system to it all. If they want to "check out" a basket of toys or a puzzle or a game, they have to come to Daniel or I and have us write down in a special reserved notebook who got it out and when it's "due" back to be put away again (normally just by bed time) They can check it back in early if they want to get something else out. The house has stayed much cleaner and the girls actually think it's fun to have a library system. It's funny too how much happier they have been with a clean playroom to run around in. They just needed a little help to figure out how to keep it clean. I'm thankful to not come out and find every single piece of every game all mixed up on the floor too! What a headache! But not anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment