Thursday, August 23, 2012

Learning that guiding the girls step by step is more effective than listing off a list of things i want them to do. 'girls go take your shoes off and put them in the basket then come back and find out what to do next!' they come back i try and remember to praise them and i give them another task. Maybe at some future point ill give them more things at once but at this moment this helps them stay focused. While doing this today i felt like God laughed with me as i realized He a lot of times does the same with me! A lot of times my prayers and desires are to understand it all asap. When most times He reveals to me one step at a time and in hind sight I can put all the pieces together and see the beautiful process He sent me through to get there.

Update 08/28/12 Was studying with a Beth Moore Bible study (James Mercy Triumphs) and came across this passage and thought of this post. I was reading Acts 12 and this section struck me in multiple ways. I was going to list out what God was showing me in this passage, but I think I'll just leave it here for you to chew on yourself.


vs 7. Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared, and a light shone in the cell. Striking Peter on the side, he woke him up and said, “Quick, get up!” Then the chains fell off his wrists.



vs.8-11 “Get dressed,” the angel told him, “and put on your sandals.” And he did so. “Wrap your cloak around you,” he told him, “and follow me.” So he went out and followed, and he did not know that what took place through the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. 10 After they passed the first and second guard posts, they came to the iron gate that leads into the city, which opened to them by itself. They went outside and passed one street, and immediately the angel left him.
11 Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel and rescued me from Herod’s grasp and from all that the Jewish people expected.”

No comments: