So we have been horrible at keeping this blog up! But we are determined to keep it going! :o) The biggest news right now is that we are expecting baby #2! This baby is due around the end of May. Elle and the new baby will be about a year and a half apart.
Daniel's Grandma Nick died a week ago today. I believe she was 93 years old. She had dementia so she didn't really know who we were. She always wanted to go home. She never knew where she was. She ended falling and hurting her hip so the family put her on pain meds and a couple days latter she passed away. We are thankful she didn't have to suffer for very long. And now she is Home and knows where she is again. We had her Funeral Friday.
Elle experienced her first Halloween This weekend. She ended up falling asleep really at 6 and slept until about 7, but she was still able to see some trick-or-treaters come to the house. I held her with one arm and handed out candy with the other. I'm not sure what she thought about all the dressed up people at our house. Near the end of the night she was falling asleep in her swing in the living room, so every time the doorbell rang she would start to cry. We ended up shutting down early this year around 8:30. Daniel and I didn't mind. We were tired of pausing the movie we were watching. :o)
It already snowed here this year! I bought a snow suit just in time for Elle. It was fun taking her out in it and letting her experience it! Daniel got to see her in it too since we were at his parents house trying to help get things ready for the funeral. The boys actually built Grandma's coffin. I never though I would say a coffin was pretty, but it was. Anyways, we were over there when the snow fell. It was beautiful! I decided to take Elle out for a drive in it and run some errands. The snow fell so hard and thick in some parts that you couldn't see very far in front of you. For some reason I like it when everyone is forced to slow down and enjoy the snow.
I love the holidays! I'm trying to enjoy every day so it doesn't go by to fast. I'm working on cross stiching Elle's Stocking. I'm not sure if it will be done in time for this year, but it's going to be pretty when it's done! I'll have to post pictures when it's finished.
We'll Elle is napping so I better go get some things done! Hopefully we will post more soon! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment